Agree with Tyler completely about Blindfold Games.

Jordan

From: blind-gamers@groups.io <blind-gamers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 6:26 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: in defense of the Blindfold series - Re: [blind-gamers] Play
GoldGun Episode 1 for Free

You wrote:

Response:  I am glad that there are so many of them.  If you don’t like them,
skip them.  There are, however, people who get a lot of fun from the variety of
games available.  Do you have the same complaint about Jim Kitchen’s set of
games?  I say, the wider the selection, the better.  There are a lot of blind
gamers who still feel that there are not enough

accessible games.  I am one of them.

My Response: The difference is that Jim Kitchens games have a main menu and you
can now download them all in one shot - thus not requiring 50 plus listed
programs to scroll through. They're also free to play, which is a pretty key
point to make here - blindfold games essentially requires you to pay to play.
Sure, it looks free, but that price increases exponentially over time. Jim
Kitchen's games were also not required to adhere to guidelines set out - nor
did he play up the blind card like Marty did - when told by apple to make his
games have a centralized main menu in one app - or at least be categorized
better, and this is by far my biggest issue and why I refuse to put money in
his pockets.

Regarding the more audiogames point, I couldn't agree more with you. However
there is a difference between being honest and making 70 plus games ((((and
most hardly able to be played unless money is spent). When all is said and
done, why not make a monthly subscription for unlimited coins throughout all
games? I'd more than happily pay that, it is a revenue that can only increase
over time. But what do I know?

Response: $5 or $10 for the entire set??  I would say that you are just the
opposite of what you think of Marty’s prices.  You are insanely stingy, wanting
to spend far less than they are worth.  In actuality, Marty got the opinions of
beta testers, of which there are quite a number, as to what a fair price would
be for each game.  And here is a key point; the games are sold separately
rather than a single package.  This actually kept the price down.  If you buy
the full package for one game, the price is fair.  You choose which one or ones
you like, and pay a fair price for each.  Your complaint would fall on deaf
ears if a mainstream company produced a new version of a popular game once a
year over a 10 year period and you griped about the cost of a set containing
all 10 fairly priced individual games.  You are expecting Marty to offer over
70 games for what a single low priced game would cost.  In short, this is
totally ridiculous on your part.

Response: RS games does not have 70 games. It has at most 25 - 30. The client
is free on the pc. You failed to mention that. If a mainstream company released
a game that was free, a free version would come out for a mobile device. If the
game was paid to begin with, a much discounted version for existing customers
would likely be available for purchase. I don't mind paying a price for the
programming costs - nothing is free - but I fail to see how this price scheme
benefits the consumer who wants all games. It doesn't appear to be very
discounted - again, I'd have less of an issue if it were.

I suppose I'm just not a fan of the company and the way that he conducts
business. I more than happily bought a hero's call, for example - and despite
the company being quite up in the air right now, I would do it again. I'll
likely buy golden gun when it is available for purchase. I enjoy supporting
audiogame developers when they're honest, fair, and not playing themselves up
to be the victim.

Again, I have my opinion, you have yours. I'd more than happily pay $40-50 for
a racing game that was in depth had a story (unlockables, realism, etc).

Tyler