Hello,

> I seem to remember a game in the late 1990s called pacman talks.

Yes, correct; but it was quite different from the original pacman, because of the 1st person view and all what it imposes. It was uselessly overcomplicated for that kind of game and the experience wasn't at all comparable, far from the quick arcade game of the 80s.

> If you can use emacs, you can play tetris since tetris comes packaged with emacs.

Explain me how it would be possible to play tetris.
How can you see everything at the same time and be quick enough ? That's the core of the problem. If you want to have it accessible, you must dramatically change some of the core concepts; and if you change some of the core concepts, you have another game.