My Cobalt talking tape measure is going to go back to England I think.
This weekend it was driving me crazy.  It was actually giving consistently
wrong measurements.  Then it would start giving me the crazy measurements
like 2792 inches.  A battery change didn't seem to help it much.  It also
has a loose connection from a drop, so often when I am trying to take a
measurement it will reset itself just by moving the case around.

A hundred bucks for this is insane, but we don't have many options.

TOM! TOM! TOM!  What can we do?  How much are encoder wheels these days?

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi