Dear Dan and list members:
    A well engineered heat pump can operate  on one twelfth or less of the
electricity required to operate strip heaters, at outdoor temperatures above
thirty degrees F.  When the temperature drops below thirty, the efficiency
drops, and there is a point, near zero F, where the ratio becomes one to one.
In Tennessee, for most of the Winter, the heat pump is a money saver.
    I have a water source heat pump in my rental house, and the highest bill
for heat has been in the neighborhood of ninety bucks.  With the water source
heat pump, the efficiency does not drop with colder temperatures outside, as
the water temperature remains constant.
    In colder climates, heat pumps are not as efficient and therefore not as
desirable economically speaking.

                Yours Truly,

                Clifford Wilson