From: "Victor Gouveia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] modifying a step stool

Hi Lenny,

I think that any modification you make to that stool will only weaken it.

Would you consider adding to it instead?

Instead of trying to modify the stool, why not add an extra step to it,
about half the height of the other step, making her take two steps instead
of the one.

If you wanted to, make it a fold-out type of step, so it can fold into the
original step to keep it out of the way.

I've seen this type of model out there, albeit without the handle and rail,
but I don't see why it can't be done.

Yes, in fact I can see it now, if you placed a couple of brackets on each
side, with hinges, then add the other step in there, it might just work.

Victor Gouveia

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/