Jim,
I have a report on the ultracane done by a man I believe to be
reliable, and whose conclusions make sense to me based on my over 25 years
of experience with a variety of canes, mobility aids etc.

I'd forward the report but not without the author's permission.

All of which has nothing at all to do with the cane versus dog choice which
is a matter of the hugely different ways both systems work and what works for
each individual.  I feel somewhat qualified to have an opinion on
canes and mobility aids as that's part of what they pay me for around here.
I don't atate opinions about the cane versus dog choice on this list because
I havn't used a dog and don't plan too.

Enough allready, it's pretty far off topic.
nd I surely don't want a fude with anybody.
Tom

Tom