  From: Scott Howell
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:21 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] question on holding stock while using a router

  Hey folks, I was thinking about this little project and ran into a
  small problem. I have a piece of one by two that I want to take a
  router and make a rounded edge. So, I got to thinking that I don't
  have a table so just cant run the piece through, but of course in
  order to do it free-hand I'd have to hold the piece still. So, not
  having used a router enough to really know how this would work, I was
  wondering what would be the best way to hold the piece still? I
  thought of putting it in a vice and leaving enough room for the bit to
  do its job and that might be the best option, but I thought I'd ask
  and see if others had any better ideas. I didn't want to screw it down
  to any thing if I could avoid it. The plan in the end is to round off
  the edge, make some plugs to hide the screws, stain it, and mount it
  to the front edge of my wife's desk. I think it'll look nice once I've
  got it finished.

  tnx

  Scott Howell