Maybe you could get the high school football coach interested and he could get
his boys to run some agility drills by carrying the bags up stairs and over
landings and around corners and everything...  The worst they could say is no.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:46 AM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Color me pink.

  Yeah, I've thought about hiring a crew, but am not really sure where to
  look for "guys willing to bust there asses for a few bucks." My friends
  in other cities say they can just go to the local bigbox store and there
  are guys standing around the parking lot, you wave some cash at them,
  tell them what you need, and take them or they follow you and the job gets
  done.

  I have not come across that here in Pittsburgh though. You can usually
  bribe friends with pizza and beer into helping you move, but somehow it
  doesn't work as well when moving bags of cement.

  The word from Lowes is that their delivery people won't do it. They will
  drop it off at the bottom of the steps but that's as far as they will go.
  I assume that I might be able to bribe them with $20 bills once they were
  their, but haven't tried it.

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi