It will give me a reading when I'm in the resistance mode and touch the two
probes together - that should be zero.

  _____

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Max Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:03 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Requests for talking multimeter info

Tom wrote.

> I have this multimeter and have two problems with it:

> 1. There's no way to calibrate it back to zero, so it gives you a
> reading when there shouldn't be any.

Does it give a reading when the leads are touched together? A high
resistance voltmeter will pick up electric fields on the leads and give a
reading when nothing is connected. The offset is greater when the meter is
set to AC than when set to DC. This is not a fault, all meters behave this
way.

Regards.

Max. K 4 O D S.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:max%40maxsmusicplace.com> com

Transistor site http://www.funwitht <http://www.funwithtransistors.net>
ransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwitht <http://www.funwithtubes.net> ubes.net
Music site: http://www.maxsmusi <http://www.maxsmusicplace.com> cplace.com

funwithtubes- <mailto:funwithtubes-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>