Jennifer, in our county we still have volunteer fire departmens which
we make annual donations of about $100 and it helps because  we have
both a son and daughter in the fire department and they ar e just
around the corner.  also in the State of New York one must have
working  smoke dectors   in case of a fire and if not many insurance
companies might not pay. Lee

On
Thu, Sep
09, 1999 at 04:48:48PM -0500, Jewnnifer Jackson wrote:
> The extinguishers do really make an awful mess.  You may also want to find
> out a little about the expenses involved in having the fire department out.
> I have not checked this out myself, so this is a reminder for myself also in
> my new house.  Better safe than sorry, but some communities charge anywhere
> from several hundred to several thousand if you have an actual fire.  You can
> also loose your home owner's insurance or have your premium raised.
>

> Jennifer

Shouted Frosty the Snowman "Hooray!
I'm agog with excitement today!
        And the reason of course,
        A reliable source,
Said the snow blower's heading this way!"
Come and chat with me at #quietzone on irc.newnet.net