If your microwave has a temp probe and you set it for 190 or 200 degrees,
being below the standard boiling point of 212 F.
     When I want hot tea on mine I put 1 cup of water on high for 2 minutes,
for coffee it is 1 minute on high.
     I use the same measuring cup all the time.  I do not have to have mine
boil positively for a good cup, but I do hate to clean up or have a cup so hot
I burn myself.  Unless the water going in is the same temp and the container
and amount of water is always the same, it is hard to have one setting.