I feel so bad for your cold weather too.  For the past few days we didn't even
see 50 here in NC.  However, yesterday it was 70!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press
  To: blindhandyman-yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:43 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] A little excitement in Hilo, oi...

  Aloha all,
  As I was calmly sitting here reading about all the snow shoveling
  going on and being ever so grateful that I couldn't add anything to
  the topic, having no experience, I heard this strange popping noise
  in the living room. The gardener was outside making a bunch of noise,
  but it was a very odd pop, so I, being the brave one in my house,
  went to discover the origin. When I arrived in the room, I heard a
  sound that sounded like something sparking, but I didn't smell
  anything burning. I decided that I was no longer going to be the
  brave one because we have an older haligin lamp in that area, and I
  am not fond of sparking electricity. I went to find he who supposedly
  sees all, and we discovered that the lamp was fine, but that a rock
  had hit the sliding door and that little popping sound that was still
  occurring, was our glass cracking. I have to tell you that I wish I
  could have recorded it because it was a very odd noise. So, after
  covering both sides of the door with large sheets of brown paper to
  somewhat confine the falling pieces, I went to fetch extra blankets
  and warm slippers. It's not too cold tonight, but for the last four
  nights, it has been in the mid fifties.

  Tomorrow we will have someone come to install new glass because we
  don't have a vehicle to transport a sheet of glass that long, and
  because of course, the part of the door that shattered is the stationery side.

  Thanks for listening...
  Betsy

  Teamwork: Together we achieve the extraordinary.