  From: Matt
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 15:57
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] not giving cuts the finger

  Hi folks,
  Has anyone figured out a solution to cuts and small but annoying and painful
hurts on the fingers when using power tools?
  Ever once in a while I think, gloves? Thimbles?
  But gloves would probably just either make a more uniform cut in my flesh, or
else, if they were made of cotton, thread could get caught in something and
really get serious.
  Perhaps the tough leather or raw hide thick gloves?
  Are those good? I'm thinking, about throwing the gloves on after I have
already got band saw cuts, sanding jobs or drillpress projects set up, so that
it would just be an issue of guiding, so that I really don't have to feel the
wood perfectly all the time.
  Is this just crazy all together, or have you found something which works?

  Thanks,

  Matt