  From: Tom Fowle
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] not giving cuts the finger

  when I worked in the violin shop many years ago, I'd
  occasionally get nicked by a chisel or the like when doing fine trim work.
  There was just no way to keep track of where i was cutting than to keep
  a finger from the other hand "in the way". I never get so casual with
  p[ower tools. I used to use a product called "New Skin" instead
  of bandaids, I don't know if it's still available, and have no idea if it's
  actually safe, but it's probably some kind of plastic dissolved in alcohol
  with a brush applicator in the top of a small bottle. It burns like H---
  when it hits the open cut, but then you know you've applied it where it
  needed. If applied over and around the cut pretty well, it forms a coating
  that keeps the cut closed and clean, assuming you wash first, for maybea day.

  At least you don't have a messy bandaid comming off and getting caught up
  in things.

  tom Fowle