actually we have a Sears Lady Kenmore, but low and behold this is made
by whirepool. it is a big tub ,not an apartment size.  had only two
repairs done and for the same thing but that is  folks  here do not
listen to me. the repairman told me the first time from sears  it is a
big tub washer but do not fill it  as  the book says. like they tell you
it can take 21 or so bath towels so I put in 10 or 11. and the needed to
be loaded evenly . . Lee

 On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at
03:36:09PM -0400, Joy Cyr wrote:
> Thanks, ... that was along the lines I was thinking, and I so wanted to be
> wrong!!!
>
> Anyone have a favourite washing machine they'd like to recommend?  The last
> repair on this thing was four hundred dollars and I'm not doing that a second
> time!
>

> sounds like the level senser is effected.
> But if it didn't do it's draining when it should, it might be the timer
> telling parts what functions to perform.
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Joy Cyr wrote:
>
> > To all you knowledgeable people, I'd like some advice please. My washing
> > machine got rather dramatically ill this afternoon. I don't believe I'm up
> > to repairing it myself but if anyone can help me to understand what is
> > happening before I have to deal with a repair person I'd feel a lot better.
> > (Especially since the person I usually hire is not available.)
> >
> > I have an apartment sized World Pool, about eight years old. It has a
> > permapress setting that I was using today when this started. In this
> > setting it fills, swishes for a bit, partially drains, refills and then
> > continues through the cycle. During the rinse (fortunately I was nearby) I
> > noticed that it hadn't done the partial drain, and now it was filling
> > again. Its been a while since I used that setting so I thought maybe I had
> > missed remembered. Well it kept filling and while I did realize something
> > was wrong fairly quickly unfortunately not before the blasted thing over
> > flowed. I got it draining and began the clean up. I mainly used towels and
> > hoped that if I used a different setting all would be well. So I put the
> > towels in. It began normally, filled to the right level, started to move,
> > than stopped and started filling again. I've tried it on a variety of
> > settings, unplugged it and replugged it (I learnt to my horror last summer
> > that its most expensive little p
> ar
> > t is a computer chip so thought a sort of reset might help), but every time
> > I try to restart it it wants to keep on filling. Any thoughts?
> >
> > Sorry for the novel, ... didn't think there was a point in half the story!
> >
> > Yours sincerely,
> > Joy
> >
> > Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
> > my original artwork at:
> > www.tigerfeathers.ca

T-shirt of the Week:
        I'm not excited, I'm cold!