  From: Geoff Eden
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 22:37
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Opinions on a product

    Victor, here are a couple thoughts.

  Two cycle motors burn fuel inefficiently, so stink and leave a lot of carbon
behind in the exhaust system. The rings and cylinder bore tend to wear out much
more quickly and keeping pre-mixed oil and gas around is a nuisance. When the
gas gets old you can't just throw it in your car and get fresh stuff.

  Cosco have a 3000 W four cycle generator on sale for 299. I have one and I
think it serves my basic needs: the furnace motor, the freezer, the
refrigerator, and a couple of lights. It's about 125 pounds and comes with two
wheels and handle so that it can be handled like a dolly. There are 2 15 anp
sockets at 110 V, or 130 at 110. There is a low fuel indicator, and especially
important, a low oil shutoff.

  There is a reasonably large muffler so the machine is not earth shattering
Lee loud. The few times I have started it it runs with one pull.

  Geoff