Hi Jim and all,

I wasn't really thinking of using it for anything major.

One thing I have a problem with is sleep apnea, and as a result, I have a
CPAP system at night.

When the electricity goes out, which doesn't happen all that often, thank
goodness, but when it does, I find myself getting no sleep whatsoever
because there's no power on, and my CPAP runs on electricity.

Another thing I would use it for is for events like the large black out that
affected the north-eastern part of North America not too many years ago.

We were lucky because our freezer had sufficient ice build up in it that it
could go the duration until the power came back up, but should it ever
happen again, I was thinking I could hook it up to one of these little
things and have it running when I needed to keep things frozen or in a semi
cool state.

Granted, I realize that I would have to shut it off ever few hours to
re-fill the tank, but at least I would have power, and continuous power
until the lights came on.

My freezer is an upright freezer, and not a chest freezer, so what ever cold
air in there that happens to build up just drops right down to the floor
once the freezer door is open.

Yes, I know, this wasn't my idea to buy it, it was the wife's idea.  LOL.

In any case, Thanks for all your suggestions, and I'll talk it over with the
wife, and see if she'll go for it.

I'll present all your opinions to her for closer examination.

Victor