This should be a fairly easy project.  If you want to build it yourself I can
tell you how to wire it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jewel
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 7:30 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Inventors ahoy!

  I know that we have some clever geeks on the list, so I wondered if one of
those might be willing to
  design, and build, a little something that I want and will now describe.
  My new guide dog, Buddy, is proving to be just a tad too smart when it comes
to swiping things off
  the kitchen bench and dining room table.
  Now, I know that, if I were to put everything away, there would be nothing
for him to swipe, but it
  is * MY bench and * MY dining table, so if I want to leave things on them,
like my meal while I go
  to the front door to speak to someone, I should be able to.
  I have tried various aversive techniques that have worked for a couple of
bays, but then he will
  give it another try, and when he finds that the road leading to the desired
object is clear of rat
  traps etc etc, he is in like a ferret up a pants' leg.
  What I visualize is a battery-operated device consisting of a box sort of
thing that has, either, a
  button or lever on the top that will be depressed when I place something on
it, and when the
  something is knocked off and the button/lever released, a loud alarm: one
with the decibel strength
  of, for instance, a smoke alarm: will be triggered.
  I will then charge in and give the offender a right royal rollicking.
  If I keep this up for long enough: six months should suffice! Buddy WILL give
up his counter
  surfing habits.

  ANY TAKERS?

  Jewel