John's ideas are interesting, that solenoid coil would have to have a lot of
turns on it, I'm not sure dogs responde to even moderate electric shocks
as much as humans do, I think they need say 600 volts or so to make them take
notice.

I like the meat tray and pans idea except it'll wak up everyone in
the house too.

Maybe just a wireless baby monitor placed near the plate would give you enough
sound to start yelling at him.

What you don't want is false positives, if the thing goes off when it shouldn't
the dog will quickly learn to ignore it because he doesn't know what it means.

Tom Fowle