It has to do with a type of valve they were required to have.  I don't know
what the difference is but the tanks with a triangle valve  on top are the
newer versions.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lee A. Stone
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Re: Propane gas.

  speaking of propane does anyone know why several years ago they changed
  the fill part of the smaller tanks? we have had 3 5 gallon tanks we
  used for our campstoves and now even the campstove stoves we are told
  have a different hookup. is this another way to fill the land fills and
  produce new products or was there a safety issue? Lee

  --
  There's no use in having a dog and doing your own barking.
  .