don't want to sound like the odd ball but how many of you mow your own
lawns? it's a lot easier then you think but I guess that's just me. when
mowing the lawn, I have no vision at all, I will go up one side, across the
back, and go backwards towards the paddio, there are flowers that I don't
wish to run over, although I did once but my friends husband was also blind
so wasn't too wirried. After I do the edges I go across the front keeping
one foot on the paddio and going until the front goes over the edge to the
rocks. I then back it up and face the back of the yard and start going back
and forth. I usually have one or two little areas that I missed, which only
takes someone sighted a couple seconds to go over. This past summer I was in
Calgary and offered to mow my friends backyard. This backyard, if the shed
was taken out, could fit two regulation sized swimming pools. The backyard
had a firepit in the middle of it, plus lots of wasps. The ground was also
very uneven so what I did is I did the edges first. I went along the one
fence, along the back, up the other side, and down the side of the house. on
the side of the house there is a flower bed so I had to go around that, I
then ended up on the beginning but on the other side of the house. for those
braille readers out there their yard is shaped like the eR sign. dots, 1, 2,
4, 5, 6. that is one side of the yard. the other side is a Q. so describing
the yard I'm on the Q, the longer end of the Q dots 1, 2, and 3 are the
house. the 4, 5, and 6 of the eR are the fence with the shed. the top is
obviously the back fence. when I got to the beginning I went up and down
like I normally do. when I found the firepit I had to go around it to cut
properly and then continue on my way. I did from the house to the back fence
and across going to the right the same way. When I got that all mowed I went
from the house to the fence on the left all the wayto the back fence, that
took a little longer. I also had a little side yard to mow. that took me 3
hours in totalwith changing the bags, getting unstuck from holes in the
ground, and other stuff that goes on with mowing. Most driveways have a dip
at the end of them for the city storm draines so if you're snowblowing your
driveway can't you feel the differents from grass to cement and when you hit
the end of the driveway? Just my thoughts on the issue. Talk to you later.

Blaine