Hi Dale,
Ambuteck uses aluminum ferrells (spelling) and a nylon ring at the joints.
I think they are the best graffite cane out there.
the tip is a nylon/teflon on that one and it runs on a bench snader test
longer than the standard by about 2.5 times. tony russell at Ambuteck is a
great guy and his assistant Donna is a peach.
Best of luck and safe travels.