Aloha Ron,
I thought exactly what you're saying. Yesterday
we got a flashlight and a mirror trying to see
what might be in there. I'm not afraid of putting
my hand in there and I even ran my finger nail
around the very edge to see if I could find something. No joy.

I think the poor thing may be 30 years old. It's
a Kenmore and I thought about calling someone,
but that will cost me more than a new one.
Please feel free to send more suggestions.
Betsy