You definitely want to "mix" the signals so they are combined without having
the output of one card effect the other.

this requires electrical resistance between each output and the input.  An
actual mixer will do as required but connectors or capacitive coupling will
not!

Even transformer coupling will not provide the necessary issolation.

Tom Fowle