If the manufacturer said it shouldn't be done; then you have that info
farther than I.
Maybe the output is different than other things.
Yes, couple would be when you have a wire  and you "y" connect two
outputs.
I can't imagine the voltage so high that it would hurt the other board, or
it would be robust enough to not get damaged.
But, there I defer to your knowledge.