From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:58 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Considering building my own apple drier or
dehydrator

The fan is something that concerns me. The one I drug up, which I already
had is small, maybe 8 inches or smaller, but it's meant for cooling a small
place for a person, so that may be too strong. Perhaps if the heatting
element is in bottom and the fan in top pointed down, to push the hot air
back down, and then vents on bottom so that the heat continues to rise, and
any excess gets blown out through bottom?
I'm just not sure. I have old tower cases of computers I have out-grown, and
they have fans, but extracting them and using them... I just don't see
myself messing with it. I've considered setting up a system in shelving in
my bedroom closet even. Funny all of the things which cross your mind when
you're being kind of cheap and lazy and looking at existing cabinets. My
wife's grandmother told us that her neighbor used to put apples up on the
roof for drying and I read an account on the net of people in the old days
spreading them out on the tin roof of a shed.