On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 12:01 AM John Delaney <johni...@chromium.org> wrote:

> *Contact emails*
> johni...@chromium.org, csharri...@chromium.org
>
> *Explainer*
>
> https://github.com/WICG/conversion-measurement-api/blob/main/event_attribution_reporting_clicks.md
>
> *Design docs/spec*
> https://wicg.github.io/conversion-measurement-api/
>
> *Summary*
> This is a new API for measuring conversions (e.g. purchases) and
> attributing them to clicked ads, without using cross-site persistent
> identifiers like third party cookies.
>
> *Link to “Intent to Prototype” blink-dev discussion*
>
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/7B0ldtZR_68/GjLBu0n4DgAJ
>
> *Link to “Intent to Experiment” blink-dev discussion*
>
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/Ib9-tDFitns/Sm9RXTNaBwAJ

Can you link to previous extension requests?

> *Goals for experimentation*
> For a continuation of the trial, we still hope to see that the measurement
> data made available through the API produces comparable results to existing
> click through measurement solutions on the web.
>
> We would like to see that Chrome 94 addresses the reporting issue
> documented here:
>
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/attribution-reporting-api-dev/c/2KKqWG70w7U/m/7M8fWEbmAgAJ

That seems reasonable.

> *Experimental timeline*
> We'd like to extend the origin trial for one additional milestone,
> continuing through M94. The experiment has been running since M86.

M86 went to stable almost a year ago. What's the plan beyond M94? Assuming
that the bug is fixed, will the experiment end there? Would you be able to
share learnings from the trial? Are you planning to ship the API in its
current form?