Hi,

While we are discussing, we would like to continue the incremental roll out
of the feature to non-Stable channels. As of now, we are testing out the
feature on 60% of Dev/Canary channels, and 60% of Beta channels. The
rollout is limited to Android Chrome (limitation of the current
implementation).

We expect the rollout to affect at most a tiny fraction of the Internet
traffic generated by Chrome. The population of the Beta/Dev/Canary channels
combined is less than a few percent of Stable population, and the
navigation subject to prerendering on Prerendering-enabled Chrome is less
than a percent.

Let me try to summarize the state of the discussion here (including the
questions we’ve received out-of-band).

Q: Do you offer an opt-out mechanism to developers?

A: Yes. The opt-out mechanism is now covered in this section
<https://github.com/WICG/nav-speculation/blob/main/ua-initiated-prerendering.md#opting-out>
of the explainer.

Q: What can we do about prerender breaking “switch to already open tab” on
WhatsApp?

A: We are updating the BroadcastChannel interaction [spec
<https://github.com/WICG/nav-speculation/issues/141>, implementation
<https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/3517385>]. In
addition, we are delaying ServiceWorker#postMessage too, to address a
similar issue [crbug <https://crbug.com/1305120>]

Q: Can Enterprise disable the feature by a policy?