Sorry seems I accidently switched the S sides in the first question, I
meant from public HTTP to private HTTPS so it shouldn't be mixed content,
and in such case there's no preflight request.
As I mentioned I installed chrome 98 to test it, when accessing a resource
from public HTTPS to private HTTPS there's a preflight request but no such
request on an access from public HTTP to private HTTPS.