So how does this method work for iframes that have their visibility hidden?
Is it intended to work for that?

<iframe style="visibility:hidden">
</iframe>

div's isVisible will always be true. Perhaps isVisible needs a caveat that
it only works for the current document. Oh that is what was debated here
<https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6850#issuecomment-1010363945>.

dave.