The TAG has not substantively commented on this one, and I'd expect them to
raise some concerns. For instance, this is a synchronous method, but we've
explicitly built Intersection Observers as an async mechansim for cheaply
computing *true* visibility, whereas this API only checks some current CSS
properties (with options). This seems to be poorly integrated, and I'd have
expected the TAG to at least suggest a different name.

Have you considered an OT? Or prodded the TAG?

Best Regards,

Alex