There are some new css properties included in MathML, correct? Then one
possibility for feature detection could be to provide developers the
ability to use CSS @supports inside print media stylesheets to determine
whether MathML is available in that context.

<link href="print.css" rel="stylesheet" media="print">
@supports (display: math) { /* or other MathML property */
  /* not applied in Chromium */
}

<link href="screen.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen">
@supports (display: math) { /* or other MathML property */
  /* applied in Chromium and other browsers */
}