On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 at 15:18, Fergal Daly <fer...@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 at 14:55, Yoav Weiss <yoavwe...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> LGTM to continue experimentation till M112 inclusive. Note that any
>> extensions beyond that would require showing substantive progress towards
>> shipping (evidence of feedback addressed, draft specification, etc).
>>

> Having moved to a 4-week release, you get the email telling you "it's time
> to make a decision on your OT" about 2 weeks after it hits stable. With the
> old release schedule, I think you would have had 6 weeks of stable before
> receiving that mail.
>
> It seems like the 3 releases rule needs to be updated for the new schedule,

For the record, it seems this was already discussed and agreed
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-api-owners-discuss/c/dhfejxAtj84/m/7SzW0zPEAgAJ>.
The typical length should be 4 cycles and the max extension is 9. However
it does not seem to have stuck in the consciousness and some docs
<https://www.chromium.org/blink/origin-trials/running-an-origin-trial/> do
not match.

I have brought the docs to the attention of the OT team,