Hi Ben, thank you for your answer!

I figured that the plan is to phase out support entirely, I was just
wondering whether deprecating and removing WebSQL "in non-secure contexts"
is going to affect chrome extensions (I assume it is not). Is there a
specific timeline for removing WebSQL from the extensions and "secure
contexts"?

I'm using WebSQL for a legacy reasons, I created my extension when WebSQL
was a new thing in Chrome and I liked the fact that I was able to use a
relational database. I was hesitant to stop using it because it was working
well for my use case and seemed to be reliable for all these years. I'll
have to explore all the available options and SQLite-over-Wasm looks great,
although I might just try to migrate to chrome.storage or IndexedDB.

Best,
Michal