Thanks Kai for replying! To add on top of that:

For the signals: Positive
https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/107
https://mozilla.github.io/standards-positions/#webgpu

For the web-platform-tests, on top of the CTS Kai mentioned, the change in
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/4471680 already
adds the bare-bones testing for the new field.