On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 2:49 PM J C <joshchench...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great! Thanks for clarifying.
>
> Just quick follow up, for the new trial, say if "A" writes and reads a
> third party cookie on "B", my understanding is "A" should request for the
> third-party cookie Deprecation trial?

It will be a third-party deprecation trial.  That means "B" in your example
will have to be the one to register.  See:

https://developer.chrome.com/blog/cookie-countdown-2023oct/#request-additional-time-with-the-third-party-deprecation-trial-for-non-advertising-use-cases

The deprecation trial is not open to registrations yet and we will have
further details in the near future.