I guess a theoretical risk is that someone feature-checks for
HTMLTemplateElement.shadowRootMode and then assumes the existence of
getInnerHTML() based on that check. But given the lack of usage in the top
sites I agree that this seems to not be an issue in practice.

I saw that there's a support email listed at https://www.heap.io/auryc.
Maybe worth a ping?

-- Dan