In general, I think it's best to file a formal Intent to Ship if you want
to go to 50% stable. To me it sounds like that might be reasonable here?
I.e. you're fairly confident that the feature is a good idea to ship, but
you want to do a more cautious rollout. I think many Intent to Ships go
through this sort of cautious rollout; they just don't necessarily discuss
the details of it on blink-dev.