Hi Hans,

It's unfortunate that you find yourself in this situation. I'm not a Google
or Chromium representative, but official representatives answered this
exact question before and consistently rejected
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/fWYb6evVA-w/m/0YblyNG7AQAJ>

any further deadline changes. However, you can use SQL in the browser via a
polyfil library (WASM-based SQLite port
<https://developer.chrome.com/blog/sqlite-wasm-in-the-browser-backed-by-the-origin-private-file-system>).

One can relatively trivially export data from WebSQL into a different
browser store (e.g., OPFS) and then continue using existing WebSQL code via
the polyfil. If you need help, I can show you how to prepare two
incremental extension releases which do this: (1) small revision (with
short review time) which will back up existing data from WebSQL into other
datastore while still using WebSQL for all work and (2) larger revision
which will use the new datastore and SQLite polyfil with existing WebSQL
call sites. After this, you won't have any time pressure and will be able
to work on refactoring code like converting WebSQL schema to a web-native
storage of your choice.

Sincerely,
Anton.