On Wednesday, March 6, 2024 at 6:53:40 PM UTC Reilly Grant wrote:

In https://github.com/w3c/compute-pressure/issues/14 an engineer from Zoom
expressed interest in this feature. Do you know if Zoom or any of the other
developers mentioned in the TAG review
<https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/795#issuecomment-1691188175>
have
deployed an experiment using this Origin Trial and if so have they been
able to confirm the expected improvement?

Here at Whereby, we’ve been experimenting with this Origin Trial and have
found it to be valuable.

   - We’ve been logging occurrences of high CPU pressure (powered by the
   OT) during Whereby calls in our internal meeting analysis tools, and have
   found there is a correlation between these events and perceived media
   quality (audio/video quality drops, etc.). As a result, we plan to surface
   these CPU spikes in our external customers’ session insights timelines as
   well, as they are useful context to have when diagnosing particular issues.

   - We’re close to releasing a new feature: a "meeting diagnostics" panel
   that displays real-time CPU usage (powered by the OT), along with video and
   audio transmission quality, during sessions. This tool aims to enable
   participants to take the appropriate action to maintain audio quality, such
   as opting for audio-only mode. In a next phase, we aim to develop an
   algorithm that combines these CPU/audio/video inputs, so as to
   automatically select the most suitable communication mode.

We are keen to see the Compute Pressure API ship!

Best,

Andreas

WebKit's position expresses skepticism that applications responding to
these signals will actually result in an overall improvement in user
experience. I would like to see feedback from the developers who have
tested this API disproving that position. The OT survey responses
that developers will continue to use the API is an indirect signal that
that is true but it would be much more convincing to have direct evidence.
Reilly Grant | Software Engineer | rei...@chromium.org | Google Chrome
<https://www.google.com/chrome>