On 16/05/2024 21:05, Robert Flack wrote:
I believe the reason for waiting is that the intention is to switch to a different publishing model after level 3 is published? @Patrick H. Lauke <mailto:re...@splintered.co.uk> to confirm.

Apologies for the convoluted model here ... I have to admit that I'm actually not sure what the expected way of working around this is, as Pointer Events has been such a "slow and steady" process so far, with a very linear way of working - it's only now that we're just hoping to get PE3 to REC and then had this extra functionality come in that we've hit this snag. I will check with Philippe at W3C to work out what the best way forward here is (have the "frozen" version that makes its way through the steps to REC, while being able to already have a "future/next" branch).

Patrick H. Lauke

* https://www.splintered.co.uk/
* https://github.com/patrickhlauke
* https://flickr.com/photos/redux/