On 2017-08-30 07:15, Aaron Wood wrote:

The current hypothesis that we have is that this is due to either traffic class, or the ports that traffic are running on.  I've ruled out the ping streams, as a parallel set of netperf tcp_maerts downloads has the same 120Mbps roof.

Also think of server differentiation (maybe full capacity to known measurement servers, shaped for other destinations). Does dslreports have flent/netperf responders on their servers as well?

It would be interesting if we could run some netperf tests using port 80/443 for the listening socket for the data connection (although if doing deep-packet inspection, we might need to use an actual HTTP transfer).

UDP 443 (QUIC) would also be interesting for comparison.

/Stefan