Hi all,

Another progress report on the BlueOnyx 5211R development:

The two most complicated GUI modules have just been ported entirely to the new GUI format:

base-vsite
base-user

These two aren't the only finished modules so far, but they took the most time due to plenty of complications. Most of the GUI pages of these two modules use Extensions. Which are modular page snippets to insert into main GUI pages in a modular fashion to display and handle form data for individual elements.

The whole extension management had to be ported first and then all extensions and next the individual GUI pages.

That also brought up some fundamental issues like the fact that the PHP functions each() and strftime() are either deprecated or have been outright removed from PHP-8.1. We used each() in a few ancient libraries form the Cobalt days in a while <-> each fashion. Which was even slower than simply using for(...) instead. That was easy to fix.

However, the deprecation of strftime() was a real bummer. I mean: COME ON! Converting date and times from one format to another like from Linux timestamp to a date formatted in German, Danish, Spanish or English (etc.) is already an endeavor in itself. But doing so in the new IntlDateFormatter() (the function that replaced it) is even more ridiculous. <sigh>

I lost two days over that one alone, until I said "Fuck it!" and used the composer-package php81_bc/strftime that replicates the deprecated strftime() as closely as possible via a PHP Class.

With that out of the way the whole Vsite and User management is now working in 5211R, including the more exotic stuff like ImapSync, vacation messages, autoresponders and reseller management.

There are still plenty of pages left to convert, but these are mostly straight up wham/bam jobs with simple forms and simple submit transactions. So that should get finished fairly soon.

So ... it's moving forward at a pretty good pace right now.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber