Hi Charles,

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 18:04 +0100, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> I have thus taken Michael's input and adapted it to our existing
> proposal. In substance, the TM policy itself *hasn't changed* I simply
> added one more link in the text to our logo guideline.

        Looks good; we still talk exclusively about Trademarks, where I would
really prefer 'Marks' to be used everywhere (as it was at the
beginning). IMHO that separation was introduced to try to create a new
category for logos, and I don't believe we want that.

        The exemplary pointer right in the middle of the hard rules is odd. Our
guidelines are extremely practical ;-) so I would say:

- (see our simplified logo policy for more practical information)
+ (see our simplified logo policy for some examples)

        I would also remove the blurb at the beginning.

        "While this document covers the topics related to Trademark
         Policy, you may find more practical information about our
         logos and how to use them here."

        as part of that too; no need for two links.

        Otherwise, with that included, I'm for approving this this as the best
I can persuade you to iterate to as of now without advice to back me up,
IANAL etc. ;-)

        HTH,

                Michael.

--