Le 16/05/11 19:31, Bjoern Michaelsen a écrit :

Hi Bjoern,

> Looking at the bug shows:
> - It did not only happen with Ubuntus build.
> - It did not only happen on Ubuntu.
> - It does not happen in Libreoffice 3.3.2 on Natty even for people
>   reporting it before. 3.3.2 on Natty is the first official release.
> - Nobody could provide any hint on how to repoduce or even provoke the
>   bug.

When I said old, I meant "Happened to the firm I was in 5 or 6 years
ago" so I'm not targeting Ubuntu specifically ;-) And, to answer
Michael, we did have a support contract at the time via an external
consulting company, but nonetheless the issue could not be resolved. It
went away with a LTS upgrade !!

> => The bug could be very well triggered by some bug or misconfiguration
> outside of LibreOffice and thus be not reproducable at all on developer
> machines. Allocating developer resources under these circumstances
> on such an untriaged Heisenbug is pure waste of time. It needs way more
> triage by people seeing the bug.

The problem is how to get people to signal things like that. Something
that affects a pool of users reported by only one person, say on the
Ubuntu bug reporting system, will on the whole only be considered as a
single person bug report...

And I'll not waffle on any longer in this thread :-)

Alex