Hi SC,
I'm no member of the SC so I only want to put a thought in the discussion.

Am 15.06.2011 19:32, schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
Le Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:19:44 +0200,
Thorsten Behrens<t...@documentfoundation.org>  a écrit :

Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
I remember we wanted to join the OASIS Consortium :-)
After checking within the OASIS, it appears the annual membership
cost for NGO is around 700 Euros (1100 USD).

Hi Charles, all,

wearing my TDF hat here (and not my OASIS one - with that, I'd
warmly welcome this move) - before starting to approve things like
this, I'd rather collect a few more things we may need to do this
year, and come up with a proper budget plan.

Before the foundation is formally setup, I don't think joining
somewhere is really possible, anyway?

I think it is, but on the other hand we can vote positively now, but
only proceed to join when we are properly set up. Even the membership
registration process takes time there. So we can decide now and execute
in 2 months or so.

If you do it in 2 months there will be (soon) a voted Board of Directors to determine this.

Maybe the SC - as non-voted - only give a recommendation for the BoD and put it all in this direction put don't fix it.
So it will be a (first) decision of the new BoD.
Otherwise the BoD has to fix something they don't voted of (and maybe don't want to do).

--
Grüße
k-j