From: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Sat, 6 August, 2011 10:15:21
Subject: [steering-discuss] decision on screenshots

Hello,

as one of my tasks from the previous SC calls, I promised to come up with a
slightly modified statement regarding the use of screenshots.

Here it is:

==
Screenshots for documentation, website and marketing should preferably be taken
on Linux, but may also be taken on any other operating system. The Steering
Committee acknowledges that there is a small legal risk involved for
screenshots
on non-free operating systems, but the risk is deemed low.
==

Does this reflect everyone's wishes?

What I want to say is:

1. The preferred solution for screenshots is to do them with Linux, but any
other operating system is acceptable as well.

2. There is a small legal risk, but we doubt it is of practical relevance.

Any native speaker who wants to improve the wording, feel free, but please do
not completely change the meaning. :-) The following two items have to be in
that statement.

I'd like to proceed to voting on the statement soon.

Thanks,
Florian

-- Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org