Hi all,

Florian - thank you for this follow up :-)

Am Samstag, den 06.08.2011, 11:26 +0100 schrieb Tom Davies:
> Hi :)
> I thought this issue had been settled with
> "It is noted that several members of the SC acknowledge the existence of a
> legal
> risk to display screenshots of LibreOffice on Windows, but the risk is deemed
> low, therefore, while screenshots on GNU/Linux should be the default ones,
> screenshots on Windows are also possible."

The missing part, as David pointed out, was that only Windows has been
covered. But we have also users (thus: marketing material and
documentation) for Mac OS X users.

However, there is one tiny thing missing (to me) in Florians draft, so
I'd like to tweak it a bit. (I feel free to do so on the sc-discuss
list, since I've been originally asked to summarize the status for an
earlier meeting).

[...]

> From: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
[...]
> ==
> Screenshots for documentation, website and marketing should preferably be
> taken
> on Linux, but may also be taken on any other operating system. The Steering
> Committee acknowledges that there is a small legal risk involved for
> screenshots
> on non-free operating systems, but the risk is deemed low.
> ==
> Does this reflect everyone's wishes?
>
> What I want to say is:
>
> 1. The preferred solution for screenshots is to do them with Linux, but any
> other operating system is acceptable as well.

The original issue (on the different mailing lists) also contained the
"what visible desktop environment, what theming" should be used.
Defining that is (in my opinion) up to the teams, so I'd like to ask the
SC to encourage the community to find a rather consistent appearance.

> 2. There is a small legal risk, but we doubt it is of practical relevance.

Fully agreed.

> Any native speaker who wants to improve the wording, feel free, but please do
> not completely change the meaning. :-) The following two items have to be in
> that statement.

So, only the third paragraph added ... and GNU/Linux instead of Linux.

==
Screenshots for documentation, website and marketing should preferably
be taken on GNU/Linux, but may also be taken on any other operating
system.

The Steering Committee acknowledges that there is a small legal risk
involved for screenshots on non-free operating systems, but the risk is
deemed low.

The Steering Committee recommends a consistent visual appearance (e.g.
theming) for the screenshots taken on the selected operating system. It
is up to the LibreOffice community how to achieve that consistency.
==

Being also a non-native speaker (English), I'm happy if someone could
proofread this as well. Thanks!

> I'd like to proceed to voting on the statement soon.

Hopefully today :-)

Cheers,
Christoph