From: drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Wed, 10 August, 2011 16:15:44
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] addition to trademark policy

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 17:06 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tom Davies wrote on 2011-08-10 16:45:
> > if it could be that simple then it would be easy to give quick answers to
> > requests.  I'm not sure what the relevance of Debian is.
> >

> > Could there be an agreement now to allow any distro in the top 100  (or
> > just
>top
> > 50?) at DistroWatch
> >

> > http://distrowatch.com
> > to use 'the proper' logos and splash-screen rather than the community
>versions.
> > Any other distros that contact TDF could be dealt with one at a time but it
> > might help to have a blanket agreement covering the most popular ones.
>
> I would not give general permissions. Permissions that are different
> from the standard policy should always be granted on an individual basis
> / case-by-case basis.

+1

It would make sense I suppose, looking at Linux distro's for instance,
to construct a reasonably simple mechanism for non-commercial users to
request the logo - perhaps a web form, the request could be sent to a
mailing list, a standing practice _could_ be to allow use after some
period of days after request assuming no one objects. (just a off the
top of the head thought)

//drew