Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2012-02-13 16:25:

I have attached not the whole Geschäftsordnung, but rather its detailed
plan. Let me know if that's what you would expect in terms of issues
raised, discussed, etc. So that I get the full scope right.

sorry for being so late on this as well. Replying in public, since I think the topic is interesting to everyone.

Our statutes (http://documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf) foresee in § 7 V, that we have so-called Rules of Procedure: "The board of directors will adopt rules of procedure, which have to be published. Within those, the appointment and consultation of executive directors and further executive officers can be regulated."

The advantage of these Rules of Procedure are that the board can change them without a member vote, at least in most cases, mainly because it affects the internal working scheme of the board.

I have the version the German association uses here. It will not fit 1:1, but it might serve as a starter. I'm sending it to you via private mail, Charles, as well as all other German BoD members. Maybe someone can help with translating, since it's in German only. Otherwise, Google translate might be a starter for a (very) rough overview. ;-)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108